Monday, November 26, 2012

Flourish Boutique


Have you been to Flourish?  No?  Why not? It's funny, when I meet people that have never been to Flourish, I'm kinda floored...how could you NOT stop in?

Flourish Boutique and Gallery is one of those stores you need to stop in a few times a week...because things are ever changing! I've never gone into Flourish without seeing several things I couldn't live without. One of the little known secrets about Flourish is that is is what the name implies...a boutique AND gallery.  Great artwork graces the walls as well as wearable art from local artisans.

I always wonder about these little 'gem' type stores.  Where did they come from?  How did they start? Who owns these great local shops? According to the Flourish website:

Flourish is the lifelong dream of Vanessa Cooreman Smith. Even as a little girl, Vanessa had a consuming passion for art and fashion. She continued to pursue all things artistic in her formal education, graduating magna cum laude from Saint Mary's College and also taking classes in Fashion and Retail Management from the Art Institute Online. After college, Vanessa worked in her family's land development and real estate business to gain business ownership skills, but in her spare time she was working and planning for Flourish. In 2008, Vanessa along with her husband Stephen launched Flourish: a very special and unique shop with one of a kind items. Now, both in store and online, you too can experience and acquire clothing, accessories, jewelry, and gifts that will help you Flourish!

I for one can't wait to see what Flourish brings to the Expo! To be honest, I'm holding out on finishing my holiday shopping until I shop the Flourish booth!

images from  http://flourishboutique.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment